Where is the Geoevent Simulator in the Linux distro?

08-30-2016 05:09 PM
lindarae
New Contributor

I am running geoevent in Linux and arcdesktop on the PC.  Many of the tutorials reference a simulator, which documentation states "is included" - however there is no documentation where this is supposed to be, how to install or how it works.  I think this may be a legacy thick client and not webbased.     

Does anyone have any information where in the geoevent distro this program is and how to use?

Thank-you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Linda, 

I hope I'm not too late, but I just saw your post and wanted to provide you some feedback. The GeoEvent Simulator is a Windows Executable file which runs only within your Windows PC environment. However, both the Windows and Linux GeoEvent installers come packaged with the simulator already on the system. On Linux, you will simply need to locate the GeoEventSimulator.exe file and copy it to your PC. From there it will run as a normal program when you double click on it.

Step 2 within the following Esri Support document details where the file can be found depending on how you've installed the program:

Installing ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server—Installation Guides (10.4.1) | ArcGIS for Server 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos