Feature not being sent on device. However, it was sent multiple times.

08-31-2016 08:38 AM
KurtHassy
New Contributor

I made a survey for a couple of Users at work.  Not too complicated, just some calculations, external choices, and relevant questions.  The Users wanted 4 photos per survey.  I didn't use the photos as a repeat.

The Users went out into the field with an iPad and were in some pretty good canopy, which gave them some points that were off.  Meaning the connection was poor.  They tried to send the surveys and got errors on a number of them. 

They brought the device in and we hooked up to the WiFi.  I had them sign in and out a number of times as we tried to send the surveys.  They seemed to be getting hung up on "image 3 of 4 loading."

I went back in to try to edit a few of the records on the device and 2 of the images were missing on each of these records.  Pretty weird.

Went into the feature service and could see that most of the records were loaded multiple times with 2 of 4 attachments.  They had different Global IDs, so thank goodness put a unique ID field in there so I could tell which ones were the same.

Do you know of any issues with adding more than 2 images to a record?  Also, from a data management standpoint, this seemed pretty sketchy with the loading of the same record multiple times.  How is the User supposed to know the record loaded if the device says there was an error when loading?

I like the application and see a lot of potential, but this was concerning. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kurt,

It might be a good idea to move this thread to the https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=ac6aa464-1553-4c5e-85cb-d830a977f601&...‌ group for more visibility. 

Tagging ichivite-esristaff‌ on this to see if he has any idea.

0 Kudos
KurtHassy
New Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Thank you.  I just moved it.  I've noticed that since the recent update it has been working better.  Maybe the fixing of the "submit button" unresponsiveness helped. The real test will be when the field crews go back into the canopy of the creeks, etc...  If they receive more errors and can't get rid of them by resubmitting; as well as getting repeated records because of this, then we'll know.

Thank you,

Kurt

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kurt,

That's good to know. Please report back here with success or less-than-success on your projects.

0 Kudos