Print Current Response - Location Map scale/zoom

09-04-2016 05:58 PM
PhilipWilson-GIS
New Contributor III

Hi there,

The new functionally from the Survey123 website to Print Current Response is fantastic, great work on this update. So good to be able to print individual survey responses to a PDF or out on paper now.

One thing however is the Location map is zoomed out too far (too small scale), therefore is somewhat useless in the report. See below example, in our case most assets are all in or around Melbourne, in this case we see the entire of Australia. Is there are way to set the default zoom/scale before printing, I had a play around but couldn't find anything.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhilipWilson-GIS
New Contributor III

Ok, with the help of ESRI Australia support, I now know that we can zoom in on the location map under the Individual Response formatted view, however the marker does not display in the PDF, but shows in the preview window, see below:

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Philip,

Would you mind to tell us some details on how to reproduce this issue?

I've tested on Chrome and Safari, and have several zoom in/out before printing, the geopoint marker still can be printed on the PDF.

0 Kudos
PhilipWilson-GIS
New Contributor III

Hi Zhifang,

Our company uses Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Enterprise. The PDF print is created using CutePDF Writer (free version). We do not have access to Adobe Standard or Pro for printing to PDF.

What PDF writer are you using, maybe it is an issue with CutePDF writer?

Phil.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Philip,

We have a summary here for the support of printing PDF feature in different browsers:

We haven't tested with CutePDF yet. Would you mind to try latest Chrome? Which should contain native support for printing PDF on Windows 7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhilipWilson-GIS
New Contributor III

Hi Zhifang,

I have tested on Chrome, using native PDF writer and CutePDF writer. Both work fine. It appears the only issue is with IE11.

Phil.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation, we can also reproduce the bug in IE11 on Windows 7 (logged a bug in our dev repo). However, cannot reproduce the issue in IE11 on Windows 10.

Currently, please use other workaround to print the correct result. Thanks!

0 Kudos