MapView.retainState() crashing

Jump to solution
09-13-2016 11:03 AM
JasonStephenson
New Contributor

I have inherited a native Android application and went about migrating from SDK 10.2.3 to 10.2.8-1 per the documentation.  However, I am getting a UnsatisifiedLinkError when retainState() is called on the mapview object:

Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for byte[] com.esri.core.geometry.GeometryEngineCore.nativeNormalizeCentralMeridian(byte[], int, java.lang.String) (tried Java_com_esri_core_geometry_GeometryEngineCore_nativeNormalizeCentralMeridian and Java_com_esri_core_geometry_GeometryEngineCore_nativeNormalizeCentralMeridian___3BILjava_lang_String_2)
at com.esri.core.geometry.GeometryEngineCore.nativeNormalizeCentralMeridian(Native Method)
at com.esri.core.geometry.GeometryEngineCore.normalizeCentralMeridian(SourceFile:950)
at com.esri.core.geometry.GeometryEngine.normalizeCentralMeridian(SourceFile:487)
at com.esri.android.map.MapView.retainState(SourceFile:1421)

Has anyone seen this before? This is appears to be happening across devices, with my primary test device a base Nexus 5 with the latest 6.0 Android patches applied.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonStephenson
New Contributor

I ended up figuring it out with the help of support.  I had ported from the lib inclusion installation for 10.2.3 to using Gradle for the install for 10.2.8-1, but had missed the .so files in armabi.  Deleting these cleared things up.

Thanks for the response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

What libraries are you using in your project?

I have seen some similar behavior when multidex is not being used and/or a 64 bit (I think 64 bit) library is used.

I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
JasonStephenson
New Contributor

I ended up figuring it out with the help of support.  I had ported from the lib inclusion installation for 10.2.3 to using Gradle for the install for 10.2.8-1, but had missed the .so files in armabi.  Deleting these cleared things up.

Thanks for the response.