Is anybody else having trouble signing up to the Earth Imagery at Work MOOC?

09-13-2016 05:39 AM
deleted-user-yUw6wWKCYBY0
New Contributor III

Is anybody else having trouble signing up to the Earth Imagery at Work MOOC? Some of my colleagues have successfully started the course but my manager and I are still waiting for access. I got a holding email...

'It’s Almost Time to Start the MOOC! Thank you for registering for Esri’s free online course Earth Imagery at Work. Please watch for an invitation within the next two business days that explains how to start the course. We need to get a few things ready for you before you start. Thank you for your patience.

... but that was nearly a week ago. Any ideas what's going on?

Tags (3)
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thomas, thanks for bringing this up and I also ran into this same problem.  I have asked the MOOC team at Esri Redlands to look into it and someone should provide feedback once they determine what the issue is.

New Contributor III

Great, thanks for getting in touch with the MOOC team on our behalf.

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello from the MOOC Team,

We are sorry the invitations for the MOOCs that started last week did not reach you. A variety of things can block them from getting through, including turning off Esri marketing e-mails, spam filters and the like.

The good news is that you can join us now! To do so, please send an e-mail to GIStraining@esri.com with the name of the MOOC you registered for (Earth Imagery at Work, EIAW or Location Advantage LOCADV or  both!) in the subject. We'll send on instructions on how to get started. 

Adena

New Contributor III

Hi Adena,

Thank you very much for this information. I've emailed GIStraining@esri.com and am looking forward to getting started on the course.

Thom

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I got an email back promptly from GIStraining@esri.com which gave the following simple instructions.

To get started, follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://esri.udemy.com/
  2. Login with your personal Esri Account (user name: ___)
  3. Click on “Earth Imagery” card
  4. Click the “Get Started Now” button

Hey presto - I now have access to the course content! It was simply a case of this login instruction email not being received. Anyone else who didn't get that email should just be able to follow these steps and access the course content no problem.

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas, et al.,

You can start the course using that information if you previously registered. If you did not, please do so here. You need to do that so we create the necessary accounts for you. You can register until Sept 21.

Best,

Adena