How can I create multiple layouts

09-14-2016 01:16 AM
ChandanieEdussuriya
New Contributor

when creating layouts for a perticuler them need to create different maps. for that it is easier if w have multi layer option which was available arc view early versions but it has missing in new versions.  need to install extra soft ware like x tools.  Also when creating pie charts it is not possible to label those charts in one time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Multiple layouts... real ones, not emulations of them... are available in ArcGis Pro

Make a layout—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

If you need that as a dominant part of your workflow, then you should install it, it is free and you can use both and move between them as you need to.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...add/comment on Dan's comment

...it is free and you can use both and move between them as you need to.

It is free if you are on current maintenance....or if you are in an organization like a university, or maybe one with an ELA.  Otherwise, it is limited to the number of licenses you have on maintenance. 

For example, for us...350 users using about 50 concurrent/floating licenses on maintenance = ~50 Pro licenses and same number for ArcGIS/Portal named users.....so not every GIS user has access to Pro (until I move them to the concurrent use license manager---pending for me).