SpatioTemporalDatabase and queries?

09-14-2016 07:24 AM
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III

SpatioTemporalDatabase and queries?

I am playing with GeoEvent 10.4.1 and SpatioTemporalDatabase. 

I have loaded all the lightning for Norway since 2001, and have about 2.5 million records. 

The drawing of the webmap goes fast and looks cool.

But I have a question about running queries:

I am not able to use output statistics.

I do something very simple like this where I Group By the Field YEAR.

[{

"statisticType": "count",

"onStatisticField": "objectid",

"outStatisticFieldName": "StrikesPrYear"

}]

But it does not work.

I really want to do Sum, Average etc, but I am really not able to.

I even tried to set up an Operation View, and only counts in the widgets is working. Not average, sum, maximum etc.

Hope you are able to help me with this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Kjetil, 

This behavior is not expected and currently being investigated by members of the GeoEvent team. The statistics failure you describe is actually logged as two Esri Bugs, one for a Spatiotemporal Map Service as well as a Spatiotemporal Feature Service. 

Although the expected fix date is unknown at this time, I invite you to continue testing at the 10.5 release, which is scheduled for later this year. 

-Chris

KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III

Hi Chris.

Any more news about this bugs ?
Is it fixed for 10.4,1, or do we need to upgrade to 10.5?

Kjetil N 

ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

HI Kjetil, 

I'm happy to announce that this functionality has been fixed at the 10.5 version for both the Feature Service and Map Service. You can now query both services with statistics and have more than 10 values returned. Below is a screenshot of the response at the ArcGIS Server REST endpoint that I've been testing on. Feel free to upgrade at your convenience to take advantage of this functionality, but I would also advise for testing the 10.5 release in a dev or testing environment first. 

Feature Service Output Statistics

The bug that corresponds to this behavior is still marked as "Assigned", and I will work with the product team to ensure it's marked as "Resolved" moving forward. 

Thanks for reaching out, 

Chris