SDK Framework 10.2.5 to Quartz Beta migration

09-14-2016 07:05 AM
AntonioFiume
New Contributor III

Hi EveryBody, i need to update my SDK Framework 10.2.5 to the new Quartz Beta 3. Seems that a lot of functions and element are missing. The refactoring seem impossible. Could you please confirm that is possible to convert my application using Quartz Beta 3 SDK? (Example: mapView.mapLayers not exist and i've very difficult to find the new right property in the new SDK). Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Antonio,

Since the Runtime Quartz is still in beta, which means there are some functionality may not available at this beta release of the software. 

I am not really sure what specific mapView.mapLayers do you mean. However, I tried to search on our 10.2.5 API reference, and I found this one: 10.2.5: AGSMapViewBase Class Reference 

If this is the one that you trying to migrate to Quartz, you should check AGSMap Class in Quartz-beta3: AGSMap Class Reference

One of big changes in Quartz is separating map and mapView.

"A map specifies where the geographic data comes from and how it is organized, while a map view renders the map's contents and allows users to interact with the map. A map represents the model tier in an MVC architecture, and a map view represents the view tier."  

For more information, please check this online doc: Maps—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS (Quartz Beta) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope this can help.