Asian characters in File GDB's name when creating it with FGDB API 1.4

09-14-2016 09:33 AM
SantosFernandez_Noguerol1
New Contributor II

I've been struggling with File Geodatabase API 1.4 for VS2012 the last two days because when I try to create a new FGDB, it does, but its name is preceded by two asian characters. For instance: "皠ĺname.gdb", and not "name.gdb".

As it can be seen on the attached zip file, the code is very simple, in fact, is a reduced copy of the samples provided with the API named "GeodatabaseManagement.cpp". I've also added the executable, the resulting FGDB and a screen capture showing those strange characters.

I'm currently using Windows 10 x64 in Spanish.

Any clue?

4 Replies
New Contributor II

It is been more than three months since I created this topic. Is not there any clue about what the problem is?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My guess would be some issue, bug?, with the language localization.  That said, I don't develop against the File Geodatabase API, so I can't test anything myself.  What if you change the OS from Spanish to English?  Does the problem go away, are there different characters?  I realize changing to English permanently isn't a solution, but temporarily doing it might help narrow down the problem.

If you have an avenue to open an Esri Support case, I would.  This seems like a bug, but it would be good to work through the issue with Esri since it is reproducible on your end.

0 Kudos
shanzhongyin
New Contributor

Hello, my English is very poor,i hope you can understand  ,I have encountered the same problems , I think it may be due to dll file import error . when  you  debug, only import FileGDBAPID.dll and FileGDBAPID.lib , Do not introduce FileGDBAPI.dll and FileGDBAPI .lib.  but  when  you  release  ,otherwise   .   This problem is solved.

New Contributor II

I'll check it out and I'll let the community know the results (it might take some days).

Thank you

0 Kudos