PostgreSQL registered geodatabase states it is unregistered when publishing as a service.

09-17-2016 09:13 AM
GlennKurcon
New Contributor

I have ArgGIS 10.3.1 Desktop with ArcServer and PostgreSQL 9.3. I have everything configured and talking with one another. I am able to create an enterprise geodatabases through ArcGIS desktop. I have a postgres user, sde user, and another user account. I have imported a shapefile into the enterprise geodatabase through a database setup up with the user account. When I first got everything to work I was able to publish with no issue.

I attempted to register the database with ArcServer utilizing all three accounts setup with no luck. When I attempt to publish the database as a service it indicates that I need to register the database with the server. I have done extensive research with google in order to find a solution, with no luck.

Also, I am self taught on on this so if you are able to keep the response somewhat formatted for the lay folk I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

What errors do you receive while trying to register the database with ArcGIS Server?

Is ArcGIS Server also version 10.3.1?

Check if the below links help:

Register a PostgreSQL database with ArcGIS Server—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Serve... 

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using ArcGIS for Desktop—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | Arc... 

GlennKurcon
New Contributor

Yes, I have followed all that. As far as I can tell I have everything setup correctly and I am still getting the error that the database must be registered when I analyze it prior to publishing as a service.

0 Kudos
GlennKurcon
New Contributor

WIth the above scenario, I have been attempting to publish a versioned geodatabase where DEFAULT is protected and I have a Public version named Field. I changed the version in ArcMap back to DEFAULT and it published fine. So long story short I am not able to publish the version data.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you were to make sure that only Mapping is checked for the capabilities, right click on the "data source is not registered" error, and go to register data store with server, can you then publish?  The convenience of that approach is that it takes the connection information exactly as ArcMap is seeing it, so you make sure that the strings of what's registered in Server and the connection string in ArcMap are identical.  Even different versions of the same data will be seen as different data stores.

0 Kudos