Enable Attachments in Dynamic Map Layer

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 07:54 AM
Labels (1)
LloydBronn
Occasional Contributor II

Hey,

I'm working with custom popups in dynamic map layers hosted on our ArcGIS server. I'm trying to figure out how to enable attachments. I've found exactly one example for attachments with feature layers, but nothing for dynamic map layers. Is this even possible? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor

we don't have any attachment samples because Esri Leaflet doesn't provide any wrappers to simplify working with them.  its absolutely possible, but its up to you to write the business logic to do the querying and display the results.

L.esri.Task and L.esri.request are both low level utility classes to simplify making requests to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server services that would be worth taking a look at. if you want to give it a shot and can take a stab at writing some code, i'd be happy to help further.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lloyd,

Since you are working with an ArcGIS Server service, you will need to enable attachments at the feature class level.

0 Kudos
LloydBronn

Sorry, the attachments are already enabled in the geodatabase before the map is shared as a service on the server. On our rest services menu, Has Attachments = true. I guess what I'm asking is how do I see the attachments in the custom popup in the dynamic map layer? I can't find any examples of this on the ESRI Leaflet page. 

0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor

we don't have any attachment samples because Esri Leaflet doesn't provide any wrappers to simplify working with them.  its absolutely possible, but its up to you to write the business logic to do the querying and display the results.

L.esri.Task and L.esri.request are both low level utility classes to simplify making requests to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server services that would be worth taking a look at. if you want to give it a shot and can take a stab at writing some code, i'd be happy to help further.

LloydBronn

Thank you! I am completely new to web development. Can you point to any examples of these classes being used in a similar way?

0 Kudos
LloydBronn

Thanks!

0 Kudos