Travel Mode URL

09-21-2016 06:19 AM
JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Hey,

I'm creating an travel app and I want to integrate different travel modes.

In editing the directions widget in a web app, I'm trying to find the "travel mode url". I have published a service but I don't know how to get to that travel mode url.   I see the example but I'm not finding a similar url to match.  

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jewelle,

Travel modes are added all the way down at the network dataset level:

Adding travel modes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Hey Robert,

I already added travel modes at the network dataset level but I wanted to integrate it into the directions output of the app.

I see that the directions widget allows me to to do that through inputting a travel mode url but I'm not exactly sure how to get that url.

I see the example but I'm not seeing an equivalent in the capabilities of the network analysis service that I published.

Please see the link attached to see what I'm referring to.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jewelle,

You I have seen the Directions widget settings page and the input box for the travel modes url, but I have not seen any documentation on where to obtain that url from. You may need to contact esri tech support for that answer.

0 Kudos
TonyZhang1
New Contributor II

Hi Jewelle,

Are you using Web Appbuilder in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Portal? Or are you using the Developer Edition?

If you are using ArcGIS Online or Portal, try leaving the Travel Modes URL blank and the travel modes should show up in the widget. I did this and it worked for me.

I posted a question thread today because when I tried the same thing in Web Appbuilder Developer Edition the travel modes do not show up.

0 Kudos
JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Hey Tony,

Thanks for responding.

I'm using ArcOnline. However I'm not seeing the travel modes in the widget. 

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Jewelle,

Please have the following steps a try:

1. Configure your Travel modes: Travel modes—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

2. Use the follwing URL as the Travel Mode URL in Dereicetioins widget:

https://logistics.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/Utilities/GPServer

You should be able to choose travel modes on Directions widget in this case. 

JewelleMapp
New Contributor II

Hey Lemao,

Thanks very much. It worked!!!!

0 Kudos