Can I configure the address locator that is used in the search bar in ArcGIS Online to use my Address locator instead of the World service?

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 09:53 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Can I configure the address locator that is used in the search bar in ArcGIS Online to use my Address locator instead of the World service?

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Josh,

You can configure which Address locator to use in the ArcGIS Online Map viewer, by adding your address locator to Utility services in the Edit Settings tab of your organization. You will need to have a default Administrator role to perform this task.

Configure utility services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Once this is configured, you can also select which locator to use by default in any of your apps and the Map Viewer.

Cheers,

Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Josh,

You can configure which Address locator to use in the ArcGIS Online Map viewer, by adding your address locator to Utility services in the Edit Settings tab of your organization. You will need to have a default Administrator role to perform this task.

Configure utility services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Once this is configured, you can also select which locator to use by default in any of your apps and the Map Viewer.

Cheers,

Kelly

ChrisRobinsonCOF
New Contributor III

Kelly,

If configuring to use your own address locator service, will credits still be consumed if the new default locator service is used?  

I had a user that geocoded 3500 addresses last week and was charged 143 credits.  I have had two of our own locator services configured above the ESRI World Geocoder service.  I haven't talked to the user yet to determine if he manually changed the locator to be used but if he hadn't and used one of our local services, would service credits still be charged?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Kudos