DDV highway shield fonts

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 09:41 AM
ToniHefer1
New Contributor

I am looking for the Arizona Highway sheilds ddv font set. I used to be able to download them state by state. Can anyone help? I know they were in ArcScripts but they don't seem to be available any longer!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

timothy_hales-esristaff‌ ... we have another request for highway shields.  Can you resurrect Arizona

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is the Avenue sample for the DDV's Arizona Hwy Shields: Updated 01/03/02

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Timothy... I am sure you have just started a cascade of state requests

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm sure I have, but that's what I'm here for. 

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Is there a repository of different highway shields somewhere (for different states and other national-type highways)?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

jim sortof posted them on the old site one at a time, if memory serves

0 Kudos
JeffWard1
Occasional Contributor

timothy_hales-esristaff‌ how about hooking me up with the Utah highway shield fonts?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jeff, you can download them from Robert's GitHub  - DDVs_ALL/UtahDDV.ZIP

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sean Hlousek had a similar request via GISCO today.  I was able to download the 50 States DDV symbol files internally and share them out with him.  Sean posted them to GitHub at the following address:  https://github.com/VerdantSkys/DDVs_ALL 

As Sean wrote -

"All credit goes to Jim Mossman http://www.jmossmanart.com/ddv/ddv.html

If you use these - you might go to that site and download them all.  If you don't use these, or don't know what they are, you still might want to grab them and check them out.  In my opinion, they give maps a real "local" feel and look sharp.  (And they are fun).

Just wanted to share that they are available again.  If someone has a better file hosting site, it would be a good idea to make them available somewhere else.  "