Simple ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 08:08 AM
MattSeitz
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a process in modelbuilder that will allow me to load .shp into an existing sde database.

I'm sure I need to append the new .shp to the existing database, but I'm just not sure exactly how to go about it in modelbuilder. I also need to create a loop or make a condition where the .shp are in the correct projection. As they are sometimes received in the wrong or with no projection at all.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You can drag and drop the append tool into a new empty model window.  After that you pretty much fill in the blanks.  Unless the projection is undefined in the shape file the tool will take care of different projections for you. If you are receiving undefined projections you should question your data sources.  

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You can drag and drop the append tool into a new empty model window.  After that you pretty much fill in the blanks.  Unless the projection is undefined in the shape file the tool will take care of different projections for you. If you are receiving undefined projections you should question your data sources.  

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos