ArcGIS Pro: Field View Issue

09-21-2016 08:48 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

I seem to be having a problem when making edits within the Fields View.  I tried to uncheck the visibility on most of the field in my table, but when I go back to the table all of the fields are visible--as if I hadn't made the change.

Am I missing something, or is anybody else able to replicate this?  ArcMap does this without much fuss or mystery.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Rachael,

What type of data are you trying to make these fields changes to?  (GDB, SHP, feature service, etc.)

Also, is it consistently reproducible?

Regards,

Jeremy  W.

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

This was on a shape file feature class.  I did get a message that if I closed my fields view I would lose changes, but the message didn't ask me if I wanted to save changes.

After looking around a bit more I saw that a new tab came up on the navigation bar for fields, which is where the option to save was.  Once I saved it, the data table did update as expected.  A bit of a goof on my part as I was looking more in the data table / fields table menus for the option.

Having the option to save via that unsaved changes dialog would be helpful though.  Thanks for the response!

JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Rachael,

I checked with the Data Management group's product owner and he let me know they do have a plan to improve that experience at a future release of ArcGIS Pro.  Thanks again!

Regards,

Jeremy W.

MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

I am using 2.1.2, and still have the same issue. Is there a easier way to hide multiple fields than hiding one by one? I want to hide about 30 fields. If I can use the visibility check boxes in Fields View, that will solve this issue.

Masao Matsuoka
0 Kudos