Can anyone get "Properties for All Symbols" to work?

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 12:05 PM
ErikSaganic
New Contributor II

Is this a bug?

In the "Symbology" tab of the "Layer Properties" window, with the "Quantities" selected with "graduated colors", right clicking the range gives you a series of options, including "Properties for All Symbols".  Ever since the update to 10.1, I've tried to use this feature, and no-go.  I'm now on ArcGIS 10.4 (on Windows 😎 and it still doesn't work.  The menu never appears.  Every other feature works upon right clicking.  Is it just me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem, only under 'quantities' with 'graduated colors'.

Using version 10.4.1.

It is a bug - BUG-000094282

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

Using the "Properties for All Symbols..." works fine for me in 10.3.1 and with the "Quantities" selected with "graduated colors"

ErikSaganic
New Contributor II

Thank you for checking!  I was wondering if the menu is hiding somewhere off my desktop, but still to no avail.  I'll keep looking at possible solutions, because changing individual symbols over and over and over is taking a lot of time.

0 Kudos
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem, only under 'quantities' with 'graduated colors'.

Using version 10.4.1.

It is a bug - BUG-000094282

ErikSaganic
New Contributor II

Thank you Ann!  Looks like there is another thread on this bug here: https://community.esri.com/thread/179938 

0 Kudos
PatrickBurns1
New Contributor II

I am experiencing a slightly different bug in ArcGIS 10.5, but which wasn't an issue with 10.4 and before.  When in the Layer Properties dialog box, in the Symbology tab, I can right-click the colors/symbols to show the various context menu options ("Flip Symbols," "Ramp Colors," etc.), but when I select "Properties for All Symbols...", ArcGIS 10.5 doesn't respond.  The work around for now is that I can manually select all symbols, and then select "Properties for Selected Symbols..." from the right-click context menu, and that works...  

Strange for ArcGIS 10.5 to have this and other bugs...

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

"Properties for all symbols" works for me in ArcMap 10.5.

Could you try using a different dataset/layer in a fresh MXD?

Think Location
0 Kudos
PatrickBurns1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your fast post in response to mine.  I just opened a fresh MXD ("Arc GIS ArcMap Document") and added a different layer file, and the experience is the same. no response from  ArcGIS 10.5 when I select "Properties for All Symbols..." from the right-click context menu.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should contact your local Esri tech support to resolve the issue. It doesn't look like a bug to me as it works just fine in my machine.

Think Location
0 Kudos