Status: Error - Failed to start because layer information is not available Arc Geo Events Processor

09-22-2016 09:12 AM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

Had Geo Events Processor input to poll Arc Server for features.  All was fine for quite some time now getting an error that the layer information is not available.  Going into input settings can select the Server, the mapservice, yet there are no options when it comes to selecting a layer?  Have tried many other services and they're displaying layers and can select.  The registered server does have Services Directory disabled but then again always did.  Any thoughts??

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlexanderBrown5

Brian,

When is the last time you restarted the ArcGIS GeoEvent service?  Just curious.

Also, you might need to go to the SITE tab in geoevent manager and go to data stores.  Verify your registered arcgis servers are still valid.  I sometimes need to click edit and click register again for the arcgis server to register properly.

I have seen issues where the actual map layer (like  layer[0]) was not available because the arcgis server data store was not validated properly.

~Alex

BrianLocke

We haven't restarted it in quite sometime, we are a bit wary to do so because for us to catch up on some of the Polling services can take quite a lot of time.  I have re-validated the Server in data store and still having the same problem.  Another thing that we have been able to notice is that our test server is doing the same thing,  we have determined that they've made a change on their end.  We are scratching our heads around Services Directory being disabled--pretty certain that this was always disabled and was not a problem for us in the past.  Having Services Directory disabled wouldn't make the layer not selectable--would it?? 

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

I have went ahead, restarted and no luck, I would be willing to give the URL and see if you can get the service to pull or not?

0 Kudos
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brian, 

Where do you have the data stored for the particular map service? Is it contained within a registered Geodatabase such as SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL? Or is it contained within the ArcGIS Data Store? At this point, GeoEvent appears to be respecting the connection to your ArcGIS Server, as you can select the map service itself in the drop down menu. If you could not select any map services at all within the connector, it would most likely point to a problem with the connection itself or the SSL certificates installed within the system. 

Do you still have a public URL for polling? I'd be interested to see if the behavior is still persisting.

-Chris

0 Kudos
LeighHunt
New Contributor II

Been a while now, but for anyone else that lands on this page troubleshooting the problem I had - make sure that the permissions haven't been dropped off your service - e.g. you've republished your service, but it's not preserved the permissions. That's what happened to me and I had this error - resetting the permissions resolved the issue.

AnuarbekIbrashev
New Contributor II

What permission issue we are talking about?

0 Kudos
LeighHunt
New Contributor II

From memory, the sharing permissions for the given layer - that is I republished the service, and in the process, the updated feature service was no longer shared with the same users. Go in to ArcGIS Manager and check the sharing permissions for the layer.

0 Kudos
ToddTurner2
New Contributor

We just experienced this error with a hosted feature layer on ArcGIS Online.

The item was owned by the same user used by the GE Data Stores Registered server connection, and was in a user subfolder (not root) on ArcGIS Online.

Conclusion (cause): The AGOL folder was corrupted in some way.

Our Solution: Change ownership of item in the folder to yourself, delete the folder, recreate the folder, then change ownership of all the items back to the original user and recreated folder. (Obviously, this is going to require some administrative privileges.)

0 Kudos