Geometric network not replicating

Jump to solution
09-22-2016 10:19 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

We are running 10.3.1 I created a new geometric network, which was created successfully and when I add the network to Arcmap all the feature classes that I included in the network get added like they should. However, when I try to create a replication with the "full" option checked, the network is not being replicated only the feature classes. Not sure why. The network is recognized by catalog and Arcmap even when I edit the feature classes they all move as they should when part of a geometric network. It's just the replication process thats acting like it's not there. Anybody else experience this? Ideas? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NeilEtheridge
New Contributor III

I just found my problem.  The generic junction feature class for the geometric network was missing a GlobalID field.  I used the AddGlobalIDs geoprocessing tool at the feature dataset level to add the field.  Now when I run the CreateReplica geoprocessing tool the geometric network is created in my file geodatabase replica without an issue.

Out of interest I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 and an enterprise geodatabase on MS SQL Server.

Cheers,

Neil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I don't have an answer but rather just a reply of support.  According to Replication and geometric networks—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  you should be able to accomplish the task. I wonder if it has something to do with the way you are creating the replica?  Do you have the features as well as the network open and visible when you create the replica?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Joe

yes. I have all that. I have made several replications before. The weird thing is that we have a network built for our water dataset and that replicates fine. I have also replicated our sewer dataset with no problems as well. I had to delete our old sewer network and rebuild it and now since the rebuild I am having the issue. I have a few trouble shooting ideas yet to try. I was just wondering if anybody else ran into this before. My guess is that the issue is in the network itself although like I said everything seems to be behaving normally other then it not replicating with the feature classes. Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Eric-  sorry I can't be of more help.  How about a tip a glass of an adult beverage in your name later on today?  (Can't hurt, right?!)

This:  I had to delete our old sewer network and rebuild it and now since the rebuild I am having the issue  is curious to me.  You are creating an entire new replication right?  You've 'cut the chord' on both ends? (Unregistered replica at child and parent.) You are not using existing data in the child, right?  My guess is you've done these; I'm stumped...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Joe. 

Yes I have done all that. I shall I tip a glass in your name for the effort. Take care. If I figure it out I will keep you posted. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
NeilEtheridge
New Contributor III

Hi Erik,

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos
NeilEtheridge
New Contributor III

I just found my problem.  The generic junction feature class for the geometric network was missing a GlobalID field.  I used the AddGlobalIDs geoprocessing tool at the feature dataset level to add the field.  Now when I run the CreateReplica geoprocessing tool the geometric network is created in my file geodatabase replica without an issue.

Out of interest I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 and an enterprise geodatabase on MS SQL Server.

Cheers,

Neil

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Neil 

Thanks. I completely overlooked that. I haven't tried to replicate to enterprise yet, but i got to believe that was my issue as well. The water junction had a globalid and it replicated fine. the sewer did not. Thanks again for posting.

0 Kudos