Troubles with feature class table

Jump to solution
09-23-2016 06:13 AM
MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

I am having troubles with a feature class table. I have deleted every record from ArcCatalog but in Oracle there are still more than 7 thousand records.

There are two versions:sde.default and another one called yte.mobile. And the FC was created with the user "OW".

Let me explain that I didn't install and configure this geodatabase.... just trying to solve problems

Can anyone help me how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Compress is ultimately what should solve this problem. However, there are factors that might prevent you from getting a full compress (or at least compressing the feature class you are concerned with). Like the help document says, be sure you have reconciled/posted (and even deleted) all versions except sde.default and disconnected all users; then run the compress.

Managing Data

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Monica,

If your feature class is registered as versioned, adds and deletes are stored in the delta tables (A & D).  You will need to compress your database to have the edits added or removed from the base table.  Here is a helpful article that discusses how to compress your database:

How To: Compress a versioned database to state 0 

MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

Hi Jake, It did not work . I compressed the geodatabase but I am still having differences between the table from TOAD and what I can see from ArcCatalog. I have two versions: default and one more. I deleted features from the geoprocessing tool (Data Management Tools -> Features -> Delete features) from both versions, after that I've compressed the geodatabase but the differences remains.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Compress is ultimately what should solve this problem. However, there are factors that might prevent you from getting a full compress (or at least compressing the feature class you are concerned with). Like the help document says, be sure you have reconciled/posted (and even deleted) all versions except sde.default and disconnected all users; then run the compress.

Managing Data

MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

How can I realize that the other version is deleted? Which geoprocessing tool should I run to delete any other version?

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

Blake, I deleted de mobile version. After that I disconnected every user and then runned the compress. Now I have consistent data. But, what if I need that version? Should I created again? And do this every week (for example)?

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

That's a strategy you'll have to discuss with your users and decide on. Every organization is a little different. This document might be helpful as a starting place for you.

Using Python scripting to batch reconcile and post versions—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

You don't necessarily need to delete the version, just make sure it is reconciled and posted. Deleting the version is the way to be absolutely sure everything is compressed.

RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

How are you deleting the records.  I'm confused.  You can't delete records in a feature class or table via ArcCatalog.  You have to bring it into an ArcMap edit session unless you're doing it through a geoprocessing tool. 

MonicaRuiz
New Contributor

Hi Randy, I deleted features from the geoprocessing tool (Data Management Tools -> Features -> Delete features) from both versions, after that I've compressed the geodatabase but the differences remains.

0 Kudos