Pass Org Name to AGO URL

09-23-2016 06:02 AM
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if there's a way to pass our Organization name between Cartegraph OMS and AGO so that we don't receive the "Enter your ArcGIS organization's URL below:   _______________.maps.arcgis.com" dialog box.  This is a nuisance dialog that I feel isn't necessary and could be parameterized in the URL request.  I imagine the input box being able to accept a parameter in the url, like, &user_orgkey=arlingtontx

The ramifications for 200 of our Cartegraph OMS users is that, when out in the field, they don't have to take off their glove or put down their tools to type our org name.

Anyone out there see this as a benefit that should be implemented?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

Well, in working with ESRI Support, they provided me a link that bypasses the AGO request for our organizational name by encrypting it into the URL.  This should work for our purposes, so I will mark this question as resolved.  Thanks AJ.

0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

After testing with our internal Cartegraph OMS admin, we found that this does not work.  I'll be submitting an idea to ESRI to add a parameter to the AGO login when the organization isn't known.  This occurs when authenticating from Cartegraph OMS.  Once this parameter is in place, we will request from Cartegraph the ability to administer our org name within OMS, which should then pass the org name through the parameter, thus bypassing this unnecessary dialog.

Please Vote Up this Idea.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12614 

0 Kudos