Map Journal suddenly no longer public?

09-26-2016 09:37 AM
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II

I have had a map journal that has been functioning and public for months on end.  Today it is asking for login to view...even though the data in all the maps are shared with "Everyone".  I do have some basic Esri transportation layers that have never given me problems before...are they now no longer public?  Any help greatly appreciated.  The map journal is hosted through Esri.

link to map journal: http://bellingham.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=99f8ff0a78ee478eaaafee32e6d47698 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kate,

Sorry you are experiencing an issue with your story -- are you still unable to view the story without logging in? I was just able to load your story and scroll all the way to the end. I tested some of the map links as well and they seemed to be fine as well. Is it a particular part of the story that is prompting you for a log in?

Can you please try loading it in an incognito/private browsing window?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Owen, 

I ended up contacting Esri support this morning as the map journal was linked in a newspaper article today and I was anxious to get it working  We were able to narrow it down to one of Esri's layers that I was using in the opening web map/section of the map journal.  It appears that the "USA Freeway System"  layer was causing the forced login (owner esri, as there are two layers out there...one owned by esri and one owned by esri_dm).  I have removed that layer from the Map Journal and it is now working.  The case number is  #01833457 if you are interested in following it.  

Thanks!

-Kate

0 Kudos