Error when adding assignment location by clicking on map?

09-26-2016 03:04 PM
TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

When i create an assignment and provide a location for that assignment by typing in an address in the search bar, all works as expected. However, when i define the location by clicking on the map, the app seems to get stuck.  The green check mark appears next to the label location, and a blue marker is placed on the map. But, no address text is displayed on the form and the 'Create Assignment' button remains enabled.  If i go back to enter a location via the search bar, the address is shown and the 'create assignment' button is enabled.  And if i go back and click on the map to set the location, the address text is removed and the 'create assignment' button is again disabled.

Is there some additional step that i need to take when adding the location by clicking on the map?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

I believe what you're experiencing is a known issue.  We're working on improving the Assignment creation experience when the Workforce web app experiences as issue performing a reverse geocode due to the Locator.   These will be in the 1.1 release we're currently working on which should be released in a few weeks.

Are you using a custom locator?  Can you try setting the Esri World Geocoder as the default geocoder for your organization and try to reproduce the issue?

Craig

0 Kudos
TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig.

Some interesting results regarding the geocoder...... first i need to track down our Org Admin to verify the default geocoder, but i suspect its our Org geocoder - its the default when creating a web app; in fact its the only geocoder available.  When i use that geocoder in a stand alone web app, it finds addresses as expected.  In the Workforce Dispatcher map, the geocoder results are very odd.  For example if i use the address '600 NE Grand' all the results are for 'GRANT' (notice the D / T switch) and the address numbers are 4 digits, e.g. 6020 NE Grant. 

We are definitely looking forward to the 1.1 release. The Workforce app is already getting some serious interest in our Org.

thanks.

0 Kudos
TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

Hey Craig.

The Admin added the World Geocoder and set it as the default for our Org. After that change, the address lookup and reverse geocoding worked as expected.

When the admin moved our Org Geocoder to be the default (but left the World Geocoder as an option) the address lookup and reverse geocoding reverted back to its undesirable behavior. 

Seems like our Org geocoder is part of the problem.  Are there some specific settings or some such we need to make for our Org geocoder to function like the World geocoder?

Tom

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas, good news that using the World Geocoder works.  No, I don't believe there is anything you can do to your geocoder, the issue is with Workforce and how we're consuming the Geocoder.

Can you invite me to you org?  I can then take a look at the Geocoder and make sure that it works with our 1.1 release.

Craig

0 Kudos
TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

Hey Craig.

I'll check with the Org admin to see about getting you added.  What email address should i use for the invite?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Tom, i'll send you a separate message with the information.

0 Kudos