Runtime SDK for Qt - 3D and attribute query capabilities

Jump to solution
09-27-2016 08:34 AM
Alexwang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I will be working on an app with 3D capabilities which will be used on iPAD.  I was first thinking about a web app built with the ArcGIS javascript API 4.1, but noticed that 3D is not supported on mobile devices or iPAD (System Requirements | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.1 ). I am researching Runtime SDK for Qt and noticed that 3D is now supported in the latest release which wasn't before. What this app does is to be able to display a 3D scene background layer from ESRI with a custom 3D scene for our customers. It allows users to be able to query and filter and zoom to the results. Is this achievable using Runtime SDK for Qt? or do you prefer other ESRI platforms? Appreciate your responses! Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Alex,

Yes, with our new release of ArcGIS Runtime, 3D is supported on all platforms the platforms that 2D is (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android). The SDK is currently in beta, and you can download it for free and try to prototype your app. Querying layers, adding graphics, and displaying Scene Layers will all be supported. One thing that will not be there initially will be the WebScene, but that will be coming shortly after our initial release. The other thing to know is that once we release the final version of the SDK in November, some items will still be in beta. 3D on iOS and Android is one of those items. It will be there for you to prototype and to test with, but you won't be able to go into production until we release our first update (which will be a few months after the initial release). This will be the same with any of the Runtime SDKs (whether using Xamarin, iOS, etc).

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Alex,

Yes, with our new release of ArcGIS Runtime, 3D is supported on all platforms the platforms that 2D is (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android). The SDK is currently in beta, and you can download it for free and try to prototype your app. Querying layers, adding graphics, and displaying Scene Layers will all be supported. One thing that will not be there initially will be the WebScene, but that will be coming shortly after our initial release. The other thing to know is that once we release the final version of the SDK in November, some items will still be in beta. 3D on iOS and Android is one of those items. It will be there for you to prototype and to test with, but you won't be able to go into production until we release our first update (which will be a few months after the initial release). This will be the same with any of the Runtime SDKs (whether using Xamarin, iOS, etc).

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Alexwang
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Lucas for your quick response. Time is an issue for this project. The customer wants to get the application deployed as soon as possible - probably within next 2-3 months. And we do use web scenes. I'll keep researching for possible solutions. I'll appreciate your any recommendations. thanks, Alex

0 Kudos