Display a note based on a selection

09-27-2016 01:56 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I know this is probably one of the easiest things to accomplish but I'm having no luck in finding what I need. I am trying to create a survey that allows the user to select a client name and if that client name has special instructions that the user needs to follow, it will display a note of what those instructions are. Not all client names have special instructions assigned to them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jarom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This would be a good use of the pulldata function; would create a CSV of the person & instruction, and then use pulldata to select the instruction based on the name: Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

JaromHlebasko

I appreciate the info and after reading the formulas page you referenced me, I am beyond confused how to implement it. Sorry for the hassle. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Take a look at this video: Survey123 for ArcGIS – XLSForm: Enabling CSV Data into your Survey - YouTube 

You create a separate CSV file with the lookup data, dave it in the survey's media folder

This works best with a select_one, as you can control the value that you are looking up, rather than have someone manually enter it.

you use pulldata() in calculates to look up the information in the lookup table base on the code that has been selected.

JaromHlebasko

Excellent video! I have it working now. Is there a way to make the ${value} a different color?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Static notes can be styled using HTML.  Currently, there's an issue using dynamically set values & HTML formatting that is logged.

0 Kudos