License levels, PRO, personal use

09-29-2016 12:53 PM
DavidYoung11
New Contributor

I am a new user with a personal use license - just getting started learning.  The free tutorial that I am trying is for ArcGis PRO, and the tools are somewhat different.  Can I download that new "PRO" and use it with my personal use license?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you have ArcMap 10.4.1? or do you have ArcGIS PRO 1.3.1?

Where did you get the personal use license?  bought? school? free?  in any event, you can since Pro is 'free' in the sense that you don't pay extra for it and any license enables you to have access to it.  Except perhaps for those issues by educational institutions which may restrict the issuance of access to Pro to maintain there sanity around students that are recent users of gis.

So clarify where you got the software

0 Kudos
DavidYoung11
New Contributor

I bought my license from the ESRI website.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David - if you downloaded (and purchased) ArcGIS for Personal Use from Esri, then you get everything listed here - http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-personal-use - which includes ArcGIS Pro.  ArcGIS Pro licensing requires a Named User which you do get with the Personal Use program.  If you're having a difficult time authorizing Pro, there is Installation Support with the purchase too.

0 Kudos
BrooksBreece
New Contributor III

I just renewed my personal use license and downloaded ArcPro 1.4.  Where can I find my authorization code?

Single Use licenses—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you save the original one you got? If memory serves, it will be the same one

0 Kudos
bobcostanza
New Contributor II

I also have the a personal use license I bought from ESRI.  Where is ArcGIS Pro? What do I have to do to use it? It's not in my programs. Where is it supposed to be? Why can't ESRI ever do anything in a user friendly way? 

Every time I have to download something, whether it's a service pack, some update, a course, etc., it's a frickin' nightmare. It has been this way from when I started using ArcGIS when it was at 8.x.  If it wasn't so frustrating it would be a joke.

0 Kudos
bobcostanza
New Contributor II

do i have to download it here: Download and install—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

it says: "You can get ArcGIS Pro if you're current on maintenance for ArcGIS Desktop, or download the ArcGIS free trial."

what the heck does that mean--current on maintenance? what kind of dork speak is that?

and why would i want a free trial when it supposedly comes with the personal use license?

0 Kudos
bobcostanza
New Contributor II

Or do I download it here? https://my.esri.com/#/downloads/ArcGIS%20Pro/2.2 

and which of the the other thousand downloads on that  page do i need!

0 Kudos