Basemap spatial reference affecting popup in web map

09-28-2016 05:01 PM
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

If I add a layer from web (hosted on our ArcGIS server) that has a state plane spatial reference on top of a basemap that has a web mercator spatial reference (Esri or our own) I can enable popups on a layer and it works fine when I click on the feature in the map. If I switch the basemap to something that also has state plane, the popups do not work; just says "no information available." Does the basemap have to be Web Mercator to allow popups to work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Blake,

A basemap does not have to be in Web Mercator in order for pop ups to work. Can you share your web map that is experiencing the issue or contact Support Services to look into the issue further?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly, thanks for the reply. In attempting to make this available publicly, I found that if I used a different ArcGIS Server, I was unable to reproduce the issue. So I went back to my development server and further discovered that using a REST URL for the service through the web adaptor (with integrated AD authentication) would not work but the direct url (with port 6080) did work. I did finally open a case with Esri support but feel free to reply with any ideas you might have.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

After working with Esri support, the solution was to add our internal server to the AGOL organization's Trusted Servers using the fully qualified url. Then also use the same fully qualified REST url when adding a layer from the web on that server.