Survey123 Not Opening From Collector Link

Jump to solution
09-30-2016 05:44 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a link configured in my hosted feature service to launch Survey123.  Prior to upgrading to 1.8, the Survey123 app and relevant survey would open as expected.  Now, when I click on the link to open Suvery123, a pop-up window appears and nothing happens.

If I click on Open in Safari in the pop-up window, the Survey123 app and relevant survey will open fine.  This isn't a big deal but it was nice when the Survey123 app opened without the extra tap.

Anyone else experience the same thing?  Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I just got word from the Collector for ArcGIS team. This is an issue specific to iOS10. The team looking at tentatively addressing this in the next update to Collector for ArcGIS.

Collector iOS (issue limited to iOS10):  BUG-000099603.

Collector Android:  BUG-000088624.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jim, 

I only tried the custom URLs for the first time yesterday (version 1.8) and I see the same thing - I thought this was the norm though! This was in iPhone 6.

It works fine through a browser and using Survey123 for desktop. 

Carmel

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jim, 

I think the issue might be iOS 10? I've just tested on an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 and Survey123 opens directly from Collector.

Carmel

JimW
by

I think you may be right.  It was working yesterday as expected and this morning I upgrade to iOS10 on my iPad when I noticed it.  I tested on my iPhone yesterday and noticed the same thing but I had upgraded my phone a couple of weeks ago and didn't put the two together.  Would this be an iOS issue or a Survey123 issue?

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

It's hard to say! Might be worthwhile opening a support ticket with the Esri team in your region and getting this logged officially. 

Carmel

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I just got word from the Collector for ArcGIS team. This is an issue specific to iOS10. The team looking at tentatively addressing this in the next update to Collector for ArcGIS.

Collector iOS (issue limited to iOS10):  BUG-000099603.

Collector Android:  BUG-000088624.

JimW
by

Here is the link to the bug for iOS:  BUG-000099603.

Here is the link to the same bug for Android:  BUG-000088624.

KaceyCummings
New Contributor II

Is anyone still having problems with this? It looks like the issue has been resolved, but I started having trouble with this today. My surveys opened fine using the custom URL last week. 

0 Kudos
StaceyDudenhoeffer
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue.  I have Collector version 10.4.1 and it has a custom URL link to open my survey123 app and send 3 attributes as parameters.  My custom URL link opens the white box (like it did in 10.4.0) and I click on "Open in Safari" but nothing ever happens.  It does not open the Survey123 app at all.  The white box just stays on the screen.  I have to click "Done" to close the white box.  I am using iOS 10.2 on an iPad Pro.  I have opened a support ticket. 

CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

I confirm that updating Collector to v10.4.1 does in fact break the custom URL link.

0 Kudos