How can I clear the Configuration Parameters in a Web Mapping Application

09-30-2016 08:44 AM
JakeParis
New Contributor
I've encountered a bug with the admin interface for Web Mapping applications which is causing me major problems.
I've created a new "web mapping application" and created content. When I access the app via the javascript API, the response holds all the content in the "itemData" property.
Then, I did this:
  1. In the settings section, i changed the value of "Purpose" to "configurable".
  2. That gave me the option to add text in the "Configuration Parameters" field in JSON format. 
  3. Once I added some, those parameters are what gets sent in the javascript API in the "itemData" property, and the content created through the app is no longer sent. 
Ok fine, but here's the bug:
  1. I delete the configuration parameters. 
  2. I changed the value of "Purpose" back to "Ready to Use".
  3. The configuration parameters that I deleted continue to get sent through the API in the "itemData" property.

If I set it to "configurable" again, I can edit the config parameters again and those do update what gets sent through the API. However, if I "blank" that field out, the app continues to send the old value (even though it doesn't show the old value in the admin settings section). Any ideas on how to really revert this to a "ready to use" state? At this point, the only option left for me is to manually create a new application and manually copy all the content over.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies