Does streetmap premium generate optional routing for various forms of travel (car, bus, walking)?

09-30-2016 05:01 AM
CarlaWillis
New Contributor

I need a tool that can tell me the distance between two types of addresses.  The mode of transportation is a variable.  I need to conduct these distance calculations for over 2 million addresses.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Streetmap Premium is a dataset that contains a routable network as well as a lot of other stuff.  You can use the routable network to calculate the network distance between addresses using the Network Analyst tools (particularly Route or OD Cost Matrix).  The network contains "travel modes" that allow you to switch between different types of travel, such as driving a car, driving a truck, or walking.  It does NOT contain any public transit information, such as buses, with actual schedules.

If the Streetmap Premium data suited your needs, but you didn't want to purchase your own copy, you could also use the ArcGIS Online services to calculate the same thing.  The road networks used there are the same data as Streetmap Premium, and you just pay on a per-use basis.  Again, there is no public transit information.

If you want to add some more details to your question or ask for further clarification, I can go into further detail.

0 Kudos