The Save button is missing on my Portal map.

09-30-2016 10:28 AM
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

I am working on an existing map in Portal.  I created the map weeks ago, I own it, and I am signed into my Portal.  I made some changes today, and now I see there is no Save button on the map interface.  I tried signing out and in again, I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, all with the same result.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

...I should also mention that I am an Administrator on my Portal and should have appropriate privs to save the map.

0 Kudos
CarlosGalceran
New Contributor

Hi Bob,

I am having exactly the same problem using IE11 (our corporate browser) and I share all the same circumstances you have. However, Chrome works for me. I have not tried Firefox.

Have you been able to fix the problem?

Cheers,

Carlos

0 Kudos
ShaunWeston1
New Contributor III

If you open up the developer tools in IE, what document mode is set and/or errors appear?

Might be that an incorrect document mode is being set (needs to be 9 or higher).

0 Kudos
JeffMarion
New Contributor II

Make sure that you do not have both secure and unsecured content in your web map.  Go to ArcGIS Online Assistant and log-in with your admin credentials to your portal.  There you can easily make sure all your layers are either "HTTP" or "HTTPS".  If there is a mix, you will get errors like the Save button not showing up in your web map.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bob, 

I've seen this issue once with a user who was adding a KML Layer from Google Drive with the link being registered as an item in Portal. 

In order to eliminate something similar to corruption, could we re-add each layer in the original webmap individually in a new webmap, save them and then go back out and re-open the map in Map Viewer to see at what point the Save button goes missing? I know this can be cumbersome if you have many layers, but I suspect that there could be one or two layers that have a missing reference in them. 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos