Help migrating to Shortlist Beta and some shortlist suggestions

Jump to solution
09-30-2016 10:19 AM
KellyShunn
New Contributor III

In a different question, I was given step instructions for converting my old version of Shortlist to the new Beta. I tried it, but I do not see the option that I need. After Share > Create a Web App, I am not given the option to build a story map, it just has the list of old and retired web app templates.

Also, some suggestions that would be really appreciated in the next/future updates:

1) The ability to change header colors and upload a banner. Also to change colors in the Tile List

2) The ability to add a search widget

3) Import images from URL

4) Add/change basemap

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I suspect that your administrator has configured a specific set of apps for your organization to use, which is why you don't see the categories on the left side that include the option to Build a Story Map. Just to confirm, if you search for "shortlist" in the Create a New Web App panel does it not show up?

If it's not there, you'll need to ask your admin go to either: A) add the Story Map Shortlist item to your organization's custom configurable apps group, or B) go to My Organization > Edit Settings > Map > Configurable Apps, check the box in the screenshot below, and click Save. That will add all the latest apps to your organization's configurable app gallery. This is a good thing for your admin to do after each ArcGIS Online release to make sure everyone in your organization has access to the latest apps.

You can also create a new Shortlist from scratch on the Story Maps website (by clicking Create Story or Build next to Shortlist) or from the Shortlist item page by clicking Create a Web App (make sure you are signed in or you won't see that button). However, to migrate your existing Shortlist from the older version you'll need to launch the builder from the web map as indicated in the instructions you were following, so you'll still need to contact your admin.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Are using Portal?  The Shortlist Beta app should show up in the 'Build a Story Map' tab.

Thank you for the feed back.  We are currently considering adding 1-3 that you mention, and already have the change base map functionality in the current release.

-Mark

0 Kudos
KellyShunn
New Contributor III

My company does not have Portal. Is there another way to do this without portal?

I have attached a picture of what my screen looks like when I follow the steps until the "build a story map tab' part in case that can give any clues.

screenshot

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I suspect that your administrator has configured a specific set of apps for your organization to use, which is why you don't see the categories on the left side that include the option to Build a Story Map. Just to confirm, if you search for "shortlist" in the Create a New Web App panel does it not show up?

If it's not there, you'll need to ask your admin go to either: A) add the Story Map Shortlist item to your organization's custom configurable apps group, or B) go to My Organization > Edit Settings > Map > Configurable Apps, check the box in the screenshot below, and click Save. That will add all the latest apps to your organization's configurable app gallery. This is a good thing for your admin to do after each ArcGIS Online release to make sure everyone in your organization has access to the latest apps.

You can also create a new Shortlist from scratch on the Story Maps website (by clicking Create Story or Build next to Shortlist) or from the Shortlist item page by clicking Create a Web App (make sure you are signed in or you won't see that button). However, to migrate your existing Shortlist from the older version you'll need to launch the builder from the web map as indicated in the instructions you were following, so you'll still need to contact your admin.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KellyShunn
New Contributor III

It was just that simple check box that caused it. Thank you for helping!

Kelly

0 Kudos