X-Ray Functionality

10-03-2016 09:49 AM
Labels (1)
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I have been using the LGIM for quite some time now and x-ray to basically reorder fields as I need to. I have now been tasked to revamp portions of the Water Distribution System schema to fit the needs of a client which includes adding new fields, getting rid of existing fields, changing descriptions and domains, and changing the length of fields to different character limits. The first and foremost question is, can x-ray handle these requests? The 9 page PDF document is very vague in its functionality so I do have more questions below:

How do I use the exported out spreadsheets to change domains, fields, etc. and then import them back into the XML schema?

What are the limitations on editing these spreadsheets? (Ex: can I change field lengths, delete field rows, change descriptions, add fields?)

The Water Distribution System of the LGIM contains a geometric network. I know reordering fields cannot be performed when a particular feature class is a part of a geometric network. What are the limitations of x-ray in regards to geometric networks?

Is there any other documentation or examples out there that I can use and study to accomplish my tasks? Are there any other resources other than x-ray that I might be able to use?

Thank you very much for your time!

1 Reply
KimSundeen1
New Contributor II

Thanks for asking this Jarom Hlebasko. I have the same problem. I'm just testing out its functionality and have had issues attempting to use the "Import Using Geoprocessing" tools. I agree the documentation is vague and implies that we SHOULD have the option to import metadata changes back into an existing geodatabase. When I ran that to test a metadata description change, the tool failed and reported that the features classes already existed. 

0 Kudos