ArcMap Severing Network Connection

Jump to solution
10-03-2016 12:25 PM
MatthewUpchurch1
New Contributor II

Several times now as I am working with a shapefile in ArcMap 10.4.1, Windows 10 the network connection that the data is on becomes disconnected. Even when I try to connect to it through file explorer the connection is no longer active and the only say I can reconnect to it through file explorer is to reboot my machine. 

I know that the network location is still active and running because I can access it through a remote desktop connection. Has anyone else experienced anything of the sort? Just curious.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi matt,

disable your system firewall of your system 

And try again to connect and use shared drive data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi matt,

disable your system firewall of your system 

And try again to connect and use shared drive data.

0 Kudos
MatthewUpchurch1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply patel1684. I tried several different approaches with our firewall software, as that has given me major headaches in the past, but that was just not the case this time. I tried two things and one of them seems to have worked:

1. On the virtual machine I was exporting the information to (Win Server 2012), I scanned the system for errors and repaired any that arose, then did a Windows update.
  2. Then, on the virtual machine again, I went into advanced system settings and under performance I changed the setting to 'adjust for best performance'.

Ever since I've done those two things, it has been working fine.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Matt,

For your action its looks like at that time something is not good in os.
Great to hear that.

MatthewUpchurch1
New Contributor II

Actually patel1684‌, as it turns out, you were right. I thought that changing those setting made it work, but alas, I was again experiencing the same symptoms. After some additional back and forth with one of our network guys, I got him to turn it off and it has fixed it.  

We have Kaspersky Server 10 here, and it wasn't doing it with version 8 (what we had before upgrading) so I just got him to switch me back to that because nothing else was working.