I am just starting out with Esri's platform, and GIS itself. I would like to take a progressive set of courses from beginner to advanced (depending on availability), starting with ArcGIS Pro. I am confused at how to organize a training structure that wil

10-03-2016 10:53 PM
BillKing5
New Contributor

I would like an organized outline of training that I should take to move from beginner to advanced.  I am a mechanical and electrical engineer with extensive computer skills, so the material is no problem, but I need to start at the beginning and move forward steadily.  I have created a wildland fire incident management system that includes a GPS tracking system.  I want to learn how to develop this application for professional use all across the country.  The program resides in SharePoint, and I understand that there is a class on how to integrate ARCGIS Pro into SharePoint.  Do I have to pay for all of the instructions, or is there a way I can get someone to sponsor my training?  I'm just looking for solutions to a limited budget but a terrific GIS application.

Sample position reports and fire management plan display map for Prometheus Shield

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidSchneider
New Contributor III

Thank you for your post.  Your question is common as there is a tremendous amount of training resources for GIS.   As such, we have a team of professionals here to assist you and your team in building a training plan to meet your learning/business objectives within your budget.  Please reach out us at GISTraining@esri.com and we'll gladly assist. 

In terms of some cost-effective measures, I'd suggest Learn.arcgis.com as a great starting point.  This provides you with some basic knowledge of using some of the web mapping tools.  

We have a new class called Putting ArcGIS to Use Across Your Organization.  This class will provide you with some foundation understanding of how the platform can utilize some business applications such as Esri Maps for Office, etc. 

For ArcGIS Pro, we have the following as a good starting point:

Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos