Cannot get 3D Analyst tools to work?

10-05-2016 09:48 AM
EllieHakari
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to use the interpolate line tool to create a cross-section of a road. I started by getting .laz files for the area, converting them to .las, creating an LAS database, and then finally converting this database to raster. One thing about that conversion to raster is that it would ONLY allow me to use the default output (C:\Users\eehakari\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb). If I tried to change the output, it would not create the raster.

The 3D Analyst tools are enabled, and on my toolbar, but everything except the 3D Analyst "Options...." drop down is grayed out. I feel like this might be because of where I saved the raster? But I can't save it anywhere else! Any tips on what to do or what might be causing this are appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

tools are greyed out if the wrong layer type is chosen or the extension isn't toggled on (Customize menu, Extensions, check on 3D)

0 Kudos
EllieHakari
New Contributor II

As I said, the extension is toggled on. The layer is selected. I don't know what else there is to do.

0 Kudos
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

Ellie,  when you get in today can you contact me directly, I'll help you get this worked out.  614-933-8698 x5503

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
0 Kudos