Trying to share drone2map outputs with my portal - Returns an error- log file says if failed because "{"services":null}" Ideas?

10-11-2016 11:56 AM
BrigThomas
New Contributor III

Tried to share directly from drone2map to my portal.  I can authenticate my portal correctly and even set it as the default sharing location.  But when I either share a tile layer or a scene layer, it errors out.  

Logfile:

2016-10-11 12:07:01,987 ERROR - There was an error publishing service.
2016-10-11 12:07:01,988 ERROR - {"services":null}
2016-10-11 12:07:01,991 ERROR - Value cannot be null.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

When you say "my portal" I assume you meant your organizational ArcGIS.COM portal, right? I'm trying to do the same thing for our internal Portal for ArcGIS sites and Drone2Map doesn't seem to find our web adaptor URL - I tested all three of our internal sites. I hope someone from ESRI can answer this question.

0 Kudos
JamesTaylor3
Occasional Contributor

This seems to be a problem with older versions of Portal for ArcGIS.  What version of Portal are you using?  It seems like portal is not configured properly to publish Tile Packages as Tile Service Layers.  Can you publish TPKs from ArcMap to your Portal?   

You may have to contact Esri support for help with Portal on this one.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello,

i recently had had a client with a similar issue. In this instance the client was able to publish to ArcGIS Online but not Portal. His Portal was missing DataStore. As scene layers require DataStore can I suggest you check if your Portal has DataStore installed.

regards

Gordon

0 Kudos