Export FGDB Feature Class with Attachments to SDE

10-12-2016 03:31 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Looking to export a FC with attachments into our SDE environment and of course maintain the relationship. This data was collected and downloaded from AGOL.

So I would like to do the following:

1. Re project FC

2. Import in to our SDE versioned environment

3. Rename

4 Most important - maintain the relationship to the attachments for each record in the FC.

Thoughts on how to do this without losing the attachments?

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

I think this process would best be handled using ModelBuilder.  For example, you would set up ModelBuilder to project the feature class to SDE, rename, copy the attachment table to SDE, and then recreate the relationship class.

MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Can this table be copied into a feature dataset in SDE or does it have to reside a level up? When I try to copy just the table to be inside the dataset it fails, and when I try to get the table a level up it wants to copy everything over, FC, table and relationship class from FGDB...? I cannot seem to get just the table

MIke

0 Kudos
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Once I have got the FC and table in and I attempt to establish a relationship class, I get the <guid>  value where I should have GlobalID and Rel_Global ID values.

When selecting a point, there is a known relationship that shows but now document or in this case photo is available and cannot be viewed. My thought is if I could populate the GUID then it may work. Not sure. However I cannot find a tool to populate this - even with documentation from ESRI support. Looking for the Populate GUID Tool, but no luck finding this in my destop.

Populating the GUID field—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Thoughts...

Mike

0 Kudos