Can not create new features in Collector in offline mode

10-13-2016 03:20 AM
BogiBjornsson
Occasional Contributor

In short the problem is that after downloading a work area in Collector it is impossible to create new features (or update downloaded ones) and sync back but that is irrelevant since nothing can be edited or created.The only messages that Collector displays is "Unable to create feature" and "Unable to update feature" respectively. When trying to sync it just says that there was an error with syncing, no details. Working in "live" mode however is perfectly fine.

I am using a Huawei P8 with Android 5.0.1. and Collector v10.4.0 (build 1024). The feature service is a locked, on premise service, running on a ArcGIS server 10.3.1 (machine on intranet) that uses a WebAdaptor (IIS 8.5 on win server 2012 R2) intermediate located on a machine on our DMZ. The web map containing the service and used in Collector is in our organization's AGOL site (not own hosted portal).

As I say everything works fine in live mode in Collector, even editing on the web map that the Collector is using in AGOL. It's only after downloading a work area and going offline in Collector that things don't work.

Anyone else having this problem and/or solution?

PS: I know about and have found BUG-000081991 on the support site and this seems to be something else.

UPDATE 20161013: I've had field crews confirm that using the same version of Collector but different version of Android (4.x) then downloading, creating and then syncing back works like a charm. Maybe Android version 5.0.1 does not play nice with Collector?

0 Kudos
0 Replies