I'm seeking information regarding the use of trimble GPS unit, data collection and processing, please and thank you!

10-14-2016 04:30 PM
kennethjohnson1
New Contributor

As per the official outline, this is what we have been assigned to do...

This project will be a team-orientated approach to integrating and applying the knowledge and skills acquired in GPS theory and surveying. As part of a team, students will complete (from start to finish) a resource-grade GPS survey project adhering to the BC Resource Inventory Standards Committee (RISC) standards, specifications and guidelines.

Your team has been successfully contracted by Selkirk College to carry out GPS surveying and mapping a proposed trail. As part of your contract, you will survey positional and non-positional (attributes) data for the features your team will collect (to be determined through consultation with client). Once the survey data has been completed and processed, your team will produce a map plot, a project report and submit all digital and hard-copy files/notes to the Selkirk College contract administrator by end of last day of class. Your team will also be asked to present your completed project results and summarize the team’s project to the rest of the class on that date.

The required survey accuracies (i.e., target accuracies at 95% confidence – i.e., 2DRMS interval) for the project are:
Network Horizontal Accuracy = 5 - 10m (Class = 10m)
Interpretive Horizontal Accuracy = 5 - 10m (Class = 10m)
For clarification, the definition of meeting the above accuracy class is that for GPS point features, at least 95% of the individual position fixes are within the above-specified accuracies horizontal linear measurement of the true position of the point after differential correction. If statistical measures are used to reject outliers, 2 Sigma (95%) will be used for the minimum level of significance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sounds pretty clear...

Was there points you weren't clear on?  What did the instructor say regarding them?

Are you asking for commentary on what you have so far?

Do your baseline work first to get commentary, it works best that way on GeoNet

0 Kudos