Feature Layer style not rendering from ArcGIS server rest service

10-16-2016 10:24 PM
JasonBatory1
New Contributor II

In AGOL, if I add the public service:

Landgate_Public_Maps/Locate_2_0 (MapServer) 

All layers are styled correctly in the map viewer. However, if I add an individual Layer from this service using it's REST endpoint, e.g.:

Layer: Local Government Authority (LGA) Boundaries (LGATE-006) (ID: 30) 

The layer's style does not render correctly in the map viewer.

I've tested this same method with other REST services and the styles render correctly. Is there anything I can request the service provider to do on their end to fix this? Or is there something I can do?

Jason

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Hm, the REST endpoint does show that the renderer matches what we see in the map viewer when just using the feature layer:

I wonder if it's something specific to the renderer that can't be drawn outside of an export map request.  Can you post the URL to the layer that works correctly?

JasonBatory1
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathon, here is an example of a layer from that service that works correctly:

Layer: Road Hierarchy (MRWA-515) (ID: 21) 

Cheers

Jason

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

So it looks like the feature type and how it's rendered are related to the problem.  Most polygon feature layers don't honor the symbology, but some do.  If it's not your service, there's not much you can do on the service end.  What client are you using?  You can update the symbology for the layer in the client application.  The following example is a web map:

0 Kudos
JasonBatory1
New Contributor II

Thanks Jonathon,

I've raised this issue with the service provider, so hopefully they can rectify it.

I realize I can change the symbology in AGOL Map Viewer, thanks.

Cheers,

Jason

0 Kudos