Export options like file format and resolution are missing?

10-18-2016 11:16 PM
AlastairClement
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've been scratching my head over this one!

I have a simple ArcGIS Pro project with an orthophoto - when I go to the Share tab and click on Layout in the Export group I can specify the file name, file type, resolution, other export options, and image quality. See the attachment export_with_resolution_etc.png

However, I have another project that has many orthophotos, a digital terrain model, and some polyline shapefiles. When I go to the Share tab and click on Layout in the Export group I can only specify the folder to export to! The options for file type, resolution, quality, etc, are not present, and the output is a low-resolution PDF. See the attachment export_no_resolution.png

What am I missing? Is this my user error (I've only been using ArcGIS Pro for a couple of days)? Or is it a bug?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This issue has come up before and the only link suggests that the available options are content specific 

Export a map or layout—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
AlastairClement
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks the posting that link.

Kind regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No problem... sadly nothing in there twigged a solution...

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Alastair, you should have a button for "options" on that dialog.  It appears it is sized strangely, so this leads me to believe there is some issue due to DPI scaling on this dialog. 

What resolution, what dpi scaling, and what OS are you running?

0 Kudos
AlastairClement
New Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

My screen resolution is 1920 by 1080, scaling in the control panel is set to 100 per cent, and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Kind regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Alastair,

Your minimize and maximize buttons are not like any I've seen.    Do you have some kind of UI customization applied to Windows?  The reason I ask is because the dialog used for Export inherits much of its implementation from a standard OS dialog. 

Can you share your reproduction case (the project which causes this UI issue) with Esri support?  Share -> Project will create a ppkx file, which should be pretty self contained.

0 Kudos
AlastairClement
New Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

I have just realised that I am running DisplayFusion to extend the Windows taskbar across two monitors - I'll try turning that off and see if it makes a difference.

I'm very happy to share the project - how would I send it to Esri support?

Thank you very much for your attention, it's really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Alastair,

You'd simply need to create a new support incident (go to http://support.esri.com/contact-tech-support) and report the issue.  I'd suggest knowing whether displayfusion causes the issues before reporting.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
AlastairClement
New Contributor

Thanks for your help Jeremy, I really appreciate it.

I've tested, and turning off DisplayFusion makes no difference.

Sorry to be obtuse, but on the contact tech support page what do I click to report the issue and create a new support incident? I'm in New Zealand, so do I just email the distributor's support?

Kind regards,

Alastair

0 Kudos