Broken? Feature Layer Created from Template After Edits

10-20-2016 07:21 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  I think we may be missing a step in our process and could use some help.  Within ArcGIS Online, we are creating a new feature layer using one of the templates (the "Permit Inspection" template in the General group).  This works great until we remove an attribute we don't need.  After that, we cannot add any features; I mean, we can click on the map (e.g. via the map viewer) to add a feature but nothing really happens.

Anyone have any ideas?  I appreciate it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mary, 

This appears to be a bug - the workflow you described should work as you expect. As a workaround, you can create a new feature layer from the layer that has the attributes removed. This is in the same create workflow where you initially selected the Permit Inspection template.  Instead of selecting a template from the gallery, you should see another tab (in the header) for creating a new feature layer from an existing layer. Select the layer with the modified attributes. The new layer should then work as expected (the original modified layer that is not editable can be deleted - there is no link between the two).

The bug has been logged internally (and you can certainly log an external facing bug with support if you like). Should be fixed in the next ArcGIS Online release.

Here is the tab I'm referring to:

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos