Inputs in A Question With Mask Adds an Additional Integer

Jump to solution
10-20-2016 11:40 PM
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have only been able to replicate this on an Android device. I'm running 6.0.1.

When I have a text question with a mask applied and I try to enter inputs, the form adds a 6 at the end of the input for no reason.

This behaviour was not observed on iOS devices.

Please find attached XLSForm for your reference.

Thanks,

Weng

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I found out what the issue was, it has something to do with Samsung's predictive text function. If you turn that off, the problem disappears ! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Weng,

The mask in your form is \+600000000000000 , which means that form gives me a default of "+6" - is this what you're referring to?  I didn't see any additional number 6's get added to a test 6.0.1 device (Nexus 5).  Can you provide a screenshot of the issue along with device information?

0 Kudos
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Hi James,

See below screenshot from my Samsung Galaxy S7. When I enter the digit 1, an additional digit 6 appears at the end of the input.

It is not from an auto fill or an auto correct thing from the phone. I also just realised that when I hit done, the additional digit will disappear and the inputs are exactly what I want it to be. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for providing the screenshot and info.  I'll attempt to reproduce with the Galaxy S7.

0 Kudos
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I found out what the issue was, it has something to do with Samsung's predictive text function. If you turn that off, the problem disappears ! 

0 Kudos