EXC_BAD_ACESS in multiple versions of IOS

Jump to solution
10-23-2016 02:36 PM
AbdelrahmanBadary
New Contributor II

I can't run the OfflineRoutingSample (objective-c) on physical devices running IOS 10.0.2 , 9.3.2 , when i add another point to create a route an EXC_BAD_ACCESS is thrown from "Esri_runtimecore::Network_analyst::Traversal_result::get_partial_edge_geometry_" , however it is working fine on the 10.0 simulator , and on a physical device running 9.3.4 , anyone facing the same issue ?
I also opened an issue on the official Github repo  . 

Note : i am running Xcode 8.0 , and arcGIS 10.2.5 for IOS , attached you will find a screenshot from the exception .

Thank you . 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Abdelrahman,

Just want to follow-up with you about this thread. Our new 100.0 SDK just released and this issues has been fixed. You can try our sample through this github sample:  Offline routing Arcgis-runtime-samples-ios 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Abdelrahman,

Sounds like this is a known issue since we find this error message has been reported in this thread: Runtime crash on IPhone  

Hi, thanks for reporting. This is a known issue with 64 bit devices and we'll work on fixing it in the next release.

Can you try this workaround? Build the project with only 32 architectures. You can then run the app on all devices without a crash - the trade off being you would be unable to benefit from 64-bit computing.

0 Kudos
AbdelrahmanBadary
New Contributor II

Yue_Wu-esristaff
this is a quote form apple news website : "Starting February 1, 2015, new iOS apps uploaded to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK, included in Xcode 6 or later. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of ‘Standard architectures’ to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code" , so i wouldn't consider this as a work around for solving this problem , any other ideas ?

0 Kudos
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Abdelrahman,

Just want to follow-up with you about this thread. Our new 100.0 SDK just released and this issues has been fixed. You can try our sample through this github sample:  Offline routing Arcgis-runtime-samples-ios 

AbdelrahmanBadary
New Contributor II

Yes i can verify that the issue is resolved in version 100.0 , many thanks

0 Kudos