StormwaterNetwork.gdb

10-24-2016 07:42 AM
johncoon
New Contributor

Hi All

First time using GeoNet

How can I make a copy or a new geodatabase from one of the sample geodatabase templates

from  http://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/water/help/stormwater-network/  StormwaterNetwork.gdb 

I wanted to use the StormwaterNetwork.gdb as a go by for starting a drainage master plan figure. The issue is the sample StormwaterNetwork.gdb has features already connected/inserted in the geodatabase. Is there a tool to save the geodatabase without the connected data or a method to select this GDB as a template without the connected data coming along to start a new geodatabase.

Thank you

John Coon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you mean to say that you just need the Feature Classes with Schema only? Not the Geometric Networks, Topology, Domain and stuff?

If that is the case, use the Feature Class to Feature Class tool to export out only the required data into an empty geodatabase and then use it as per your need.

johncoon
New Contributor

Asrujit SenGupta

I’m new to GIS. I’m a cad designer trying to learn how to populate a geodatabase. Not sure about all the terminology yet.

Basically; I wanted to export the database with all the domains to start a new geodatabase. I just tried the FeatureClassToGeodatabase which let me select multiple

Feature classes to export a new geodatabase. However, it included the drainage features from the sample database.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

From what I understand you just need some selected Feature Classes and the Domains...you don't want the Geometric Network. Let me know if the understanding is incorrect 

The below is a screenshot of what the geodatabase contains. Create a copy of the File geodatabase and then just Right-Click on the data that you don't want and delete them.

johncoon
New Contributor

Asrujit SenGupta,

Thank you, I think I've got it thanks to your help.

John Coon

0 Kudos