Is there a way to use custom markers for a Shortlist?

Jump to solution
10-24-2016 11:53 AM
EthanUnzicker1
New Contributor III

I have a self-hosted Shortlist that I'm working on, and I'd like to use custom markers. I can't seem to figure out where they are in the source code. Any hints on where I should be looking or how I can go about using custom icons?

Here's a link to the WIP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

No problem.  The icon used in the app is designated in the app/config.js file with the ICON_SRC property.  You can try changing there, but you will also probably have to make some adjustments in the source code, as we are using that icon to create a canvas element and change its color according to the tab/theme color settings.  That code can be found in the MainView.js file under the buildLayer function.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Ethan,

Is your question related to Map Tour or Shortlist?  Are you looking to host the app yourself and use custom markers?  Any example screenshots or app links would help clarify your issue as well.

-Mark

0 Kudos
EthanUnzicker1
New Contributor III

My apologies. I had edited my original question and accidentally deleted a line that would have clarified a little better. I've updated the question and included a link to the app.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

No problem.  The icon used in the app is designated in the app/config.js file with the ICON_SRC property.  You can try changing there, but you will also probably have to make some adjustments in the source code, as we are using that icon to create a canvas element and change its color according to the tab/theme color settings.  That code can be found in the MainView.js file under the buildLayer function.

LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

I am looking to do something similar (use a custom icon in a custom/self-hosted Shortlist). I don't see a MainView.js file for the Storytelling-Shortlist-2.2.3 code I've downloaded. Any advice?

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Lindsay,

You will need to download the source code (un-minified version) that can be found here: Release V2.2.3 · Esri/shortlist-storytelling-template-js · GitHub.

-Mark

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mark! I was indeed using the minified version, so I'll check out the full source code.

0 Kudos