"Unable to add user" since v1.1 update

10-24-2016 02:59 PM
JPMcGrath
New Contributor II

Since the v1.1 release, workforce manager is showing a  message "Unable to add user" when I attempt to add a user to an existing workforce project. Also, when I try to update information on existing user, a message "Unable to update user details" is displayed. 

Also, users of the mobile software cannot transition the status to finished. Message is "Unable to Finish"

Are any other users having the same issues? Any chance of a roll back on this update?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi JP,

We have gotten reports on a few issues with the v1.1 update; however, we haven't heard of issues similar to ones you are reporting.  I've tried to reproduce the issues but haven't been able to.

Can you add invite me to your organization (you can use the named user 'craig_sp') so I can take a look at the project you're having issues with?

If I can't find anything, we'll figure out how to proceed.

Craig

0 Kudos
JPMcGrath
New Contributor II

Hey Craig,

Thanks for taking a look at this. I have a case open with Nicole Gamble at esri Canada on this but I definetly want your input. I added you to the esri crew coordination group. Let me know if you need something more as far as access goes. The project is test right now. What I'm seeing is random success in adding users, modifying their details (phone number and title). By random I mean that the system will throw a message indicating that it has not updated an attribute, added a user, or updated status in mobile on the first attempt, but after multiple attempts will successfully update.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JPM

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

JP, I took a quick look and notice that there are a few named users in the group that are not in the Workers feature service.  I'm guessing these are the ones you tried to add that failed; can you confirm?

If you can reproduce this, even if it's inconsistent, I'll ask you to create a HAR file using Chrome and send it to me. I think you have my email; if you don't, lemme know when you reply with the confirmation and I'll send it to you.

Here's the steps to create the HAR file:

1. Start up workforce.arcgis.com and sign in
  2. Open the dev tools from the menu in Chrome (Menu > Tools > Developer tools)
  3. Click on the Network tab
  4. Look for a round button at the top left of the Network tab. Make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
  5. Check the box next to Preserve log.
  6. In workforce, try and add one of the named users to the project.  Wait for the error to appear.
  7. In the developer tools save the capture by right-clicking on the grid and choosing "Save as HAR with Content”
  8. If adding the named user succeeds, click the Clear button (to the right of the round, red, record button) and start again.

Craig

0 Kudos
AnneHanifah_Tiger
New Contributor

Hallo Craig, I encountered the same problem with Workforce, unable to add user in a project. I try do these step to get har file, herewith the file. 
Looking forward for your help. Thanks

0 Kudos