Is there a "Work Around" for the deep links issue between Survey123/Collector?

Jump to solution
10-25-2016 04:23 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Since the issue is between Survey123 and Collector regarding the edited layer.  Is there a way to take the Survey123 feature service and develop a new one based upon the original, yet the new one would not be deep linked to Survey123?  I apologize for such a basic workflow, but I am now within "Crunch time"!

Workflow Survey123 to Collector

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

The culprit to this is an incorrect timeReference object set in the Feature Service created by Survey123 Connect. I have added this to the backlog in Survey123 Connect for resolution. The Collector team is also planning to handle this incorrect timeReference object better in the next update. Here is the workaround for now:

1- Login to ArcGIS.com and go to My Contents

2- Look for the Survey123 feature layer and open its  details page

3- Scroll down to the Layers section and click on time Settings. Disable time and save

4- Create a brand new Web Map with this feature layer

5- Configure the popup to use Custom Attribute display with URL Scheme link to trigger Survey123 and passing appropriate attributes to Form

6- Share new Web Map consistently with the sharing of the Feature Layer

7- Open Web Map from either Collector or Explorer for ArcGIS, tap on feature popup and launch Survey123

Note: If you would like to keep time settings, you can also after step 3 go back and enable time in the layer. After disabling, saving and enabling, you will get a correct time enabled feature service.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Online, you can create a new, empty feature service from an existing one - Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Alternatively, you could download the file geodatabase, unzip and delete all rows and rezip (these parts optional), and then add the file geodatabase and use the option to republish.

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

James Tedrick will the first option allow for the new feature service to be updated when the old one receives pushes from the form related to Survey123?  I am dealing with the iOS 10 bug and having all of our fire apparatus having iPads.

Any word on when this bug will be fixed?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. On a closer look into this issue, it seems like the problem may be specific to Oscar's survey.  The Collector team is looking into why the feature service is making Collector crash.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

The culprit to this is an incorrect timeReference object set in the Feature Service created by Survey123 Connect. I have added this to the backlog in Survey123 Connect for resolution. The Collector team is also planning to handle this incorrect timeReference object better in the next update. Here is the workaround for now:

1- Login to ArcGIS.com and go to My Contents

2- Look for the Survey123 feature layer and open its  details page

3- Scroll down to the Layers section and click on time Settings. Disable time and save

4- Create a brand new Web Map with this feature layer

5- Configure the popup to use Custom Attribute display with URL Scheme link to trigger Survey123 and passing appropriate attributes to Form

6- Share new Web Map consistently with the sharing of the Feature Layer

7- Open Web Map from either Collector or Explorer for ArcGIS, tap on feature popup and launch Survey123

Note: If you would like to keep time settings, you can also after step 3 go back and enable time in the layer. After disabling, saving and enabling, you will get a correct time enabled feature service.

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Ismael, it works perfectly!

0 Kudos