Group Filter Widget

10-26-2016 10:11 AM
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

What is the point of being able to add another layer to the group (change config settings to another layer easier)?

What is the trick to get each group to filter when you switch to another group?

Are there really no "results" or "zoom" to?

Is there a way to get a double filter say see only points in a county and by landuse type (I thought the append setting I the UI might work but it does not for me)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What is the point of being able to add another layer to the group: So you can both layers based on the value entered.

What is the trick to get each group to filter when you switch to another group: There Not. It is one or the other.

Are there really no "results" or "zoom" to: Yep there is not.

Is there a way to get a double filter say see only points in a county and by landuse type: Yes configure the widgets settings by adding the layer twice once with field1 and again with field 2. The when you use the widget set the text box with a value for field1 (i.e. ZONING_CODE) and click the Add Criteria and choose OR and then set the value for field2 (i.e. ZONING_TYPE). Basically what happens behind the scenes is both these querys are executed:

"UPPER(ZONING_CODE) = UPPER('R4') OR UPPER(ZONING_CODE) = UPPER('RESITENTIAL')"

"UPPER(ZONING_TYPE) = UPPER('R4') OR UPPER(ZONING_TYPE) = UPPER('RESITENTIAL')"

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

How do you get the second field to show up as a choice in the widget to add to the criteria?

I can't add the other field as another group, when you switch groups the previous query is cleared.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amy,

Unfortunately the other field will not show up in the widget. You just follow the instructions in my final response.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Here are the results I'm getting using the "add criteria". I want filters that will show me all points in urban areas that are in LA County or something like that.

Single point layer with County and Landuse fields (performed a spatial join when I created the layer to populate the county value for each point)

Group 1 Filter

Layer:    Field:              Use Value (yes or null)

Layer 1 - County          Yes

Layer 1 - Landuse        Null 

*Can only filter County, typing in values for landuse results in error incorrect value

Group 1 Filter

Layer 1 - County          Blank

Layer 1 - Landuse        Blank

*When I type in a landuse value and apply, all points disappear. County works

Separate layers for polygon County layer and point layer with Landuse field

Group 1 Filter

Layer 1 - County          Blank

Layer 2 - Landuse        Blank

*Works with "OR" but not with "AND" which is what I really want.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Worst widget ever